October 18, 2008

Weddings

I am angry, sad, tearful, frustrated, and confused.
I attended a beautiful wedding last weekend. I have known the bride and groom since they were born. In fact I babysat them both on occasion. I know deep down they are going to make it. They have friends and family to back them. Most importantly they have God.
Not every marriage I have attended in the last 12 years has made it. I keep getting reports of this friend or that friend who are no longer married, getting a divorce, or struggling. I am sad for my friends, sad for the children that are involved, but scared for me. I keep asking myself what chance do I have in finding a guy who will commit to a lifetime with me. Will the desired of my heart ever be fulfilled? What can I do to prevent becoming a statistic?
More later to emotional right now.

No comments: